Wednesday October 8 2014 is
WALK TO SCHOOL DAY
A Walking School Bus
Children need at least 60 minutes of physical activity each day. Finding ways to be active every day may be hard for busy families. Walking to school is a great way for your child to be active. Parents often worry about their child’s safety while walking alone for many reasons. A walking school bus may make you feel better about your child walking to school. This is when a group of children walk to school with one or more adults. Here are some tips for a walking school bus:
· Invite families who live nearby to walk.
· Pick a route and take a test walk.
· Take side streets and paths that are less busy with traffic.
· Decide how often the group will walk together.
· Talk with your boss to adjust your work day.
· Have fun!